Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hello My Baby...

During my lunch break today I sat in my office and recalled a favorite childhood memory. It's an old cartoon that I absolutely loved! I searched and found it (man, I love youtube sometimes). I want to share it with you. I triple-dog-dare ya to take 6 minutes from your busy life, watch this cartoon, and be a kid again.

After watching it, answer this for me: Why does the following cartoon make me smile? Is it the perversity of it? Is it that I relate? If so, what is it that I relate to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGE8wVTvHF0&feature=related

2 comments:

  1. Michael..
    I watched this cartoon with a big grin. Probably because of the joy of realizing that its still okay to like W/B cartoons past the age of 13. I will give you my take.. this cartoon was just silliness to me in the 70's, yeah its sick and twisted as most of those cartoons were. In fact it was plain silliness. I relate because it's comforting to look back on something we laughed at as kids. My sister and I would sing this song to each other and in fact a few months ago, when visiting..she burst into the living room singing "Hello my Honey, Hello my baby..." I laughed my head off. I guess the memories we make as kids are very impacting..thanks for the fun ; )

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts?