Monday, December 6, 2010

PSALM 151


Who said that the Book of Psalms had to stop being written? David seemed to get a lot of his feelings, praise, and prayers out in what we today call, 'The Book of Psalms'. I'm gonna give it a try:


A Psalm of Michael

O Lord, my God
in You will I put my trust,
in You will I put my whole life.

There is nothing that can compare to You
and nothing that can compare to how I feel when I am with You.

In the crisp and frosty morning
I find my thoughts drifting towards You and Your realm.
In the cool and bright evening
I stare at the stars and am awestruck by Your rule.

You seem to be so very big.

Each day and all nights I am nothing less than mesmerized
when I quiet myself and reflect on You.

But if I am to be ruthlessly and transparently honest,
I am wondering…
if You ever reflect upon me?

When those that entitle themselves ‘Christian’, ‘brother’, ‘friend’
and yet drag me into the courts of man…

When the stealer comes with his schmoozing and lies
and pilfers the refuge that I call a home…

When the darkness of disease, like an unwanted stranger,
has blown into town and taken up unyielding residence…

When those I’ve unconditionally loved and unreservedly cared for
lower their gaze and desire nothing more to do with me…

In these times of overwhelming shadows and devastating obscurity,
I simply can’t help but wonder…
seriously,… do I ever cross Your mind?

Surely, You see all that transpires
and indubitably, You hear the cries of a scared and lonely child.

Truthfully, what could ever escape
the One Who whittled the mountains, carved out the oceans and finger-paints each sunrise?

I should know better, huh?

Where else can I turn, but to the King Who’s authority spans the cosmos
and who’s undeviating love bridges the distance between my fears…
and my faith.
Selah (think about that for a second)

So, I say again
and again
and again…

O Lord, my God
in You will I put my trust,
in You will I put my whole life.

3 comments:

  1. This is incredible and beautiful, Pastor Michael. And I can't speak for anyone else, but you have my full support. You've done amazing things in my life, or rather, you've let God do amazing things through you, and through that I know your heart is set on Him. You have a whole church behind you who love you and are standing strong with you. Ask anyone at DC, and they will tell you the same. :)

    Remember that Jesus suffered persecution, the prophets suffered persecution, the apostles suffered persecution...when you are a hardcore, revolutionary follower of Jesus (the real one, not the sanitized, American, upper-middle-class Republican one with blond hair), people are GOING to misunderstand, and they're GOING to want to fight with you about it, because the cross is foolishness to the world (I believe the "world" here includes Christians who are all caught up in the things of this world, too...like money).

    The truth will come out. I'm not worried at all (and I'm a worrier!). God is so all over Desperation Church. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cattie! Your words are such an encouragement. God bless ya... BIG time!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts?