Sunday, September 19, 2010

"You Are The 100%"


After our church service today I was handed a letter from a good friend of mine. Bernardo is a postman for the city of Liberty, and I love him very much. It was a letter addressed "TOO GOD" and he had pulled it from a mailbox on his route. Not knowing what to do with the letter, he gave it to me and asked me to do with it whatever I wanted.

The hard-to-read-letter, scribbled in yellow crayon, simply said,
"You are the 100%".

I just wrote the following reply and will be dropping it off in this child's mailbox on my way home from church today. Here's what I... I mean, "God"... wrote:

To My precious little one,

I received your note today and it made me so happy! I want you to know that I think you are 100% too!

I think you are 100% perfect.
I think you are 100% special.
I think you are 100% loved.

Thank you for taking the time to write to Me. When you take time to even think about Me, it is like you are telling Me that you love Me. That makes Me smile really big!

I love you too…

and I’m watching You all the time… and thinking about you all the time. There is NOTHING more special to me than you.

Never forget that.

I wish more people thought that I was 100%, but to hear you say it, and to know what you meant when you said it, has made Me very, very proud to be your Father in heaven.

Have a great day today… and every day. Write to Me again anytime you’d like, or just talk to Me, because I AM with you always, and I am constantly listening.

Your Buddy,
God


Matthew 18:1-3

10 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! And so Biblical. God does speak through us! Your His Ambassador and I am sure He is pleased with you signing His Name! These verses came to mind.

    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.
    Indeed, you're not the ones who will be speaking. The Spirit of your Father will be speaking through you.

    Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an incredible story! What an opportunity and how cool is it that the child wrote the letter, parent put it in the mailbox and it found its way to your guys hands! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this real!? It sounds just like that movie "Letters to God." Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious! What a wonderful opportunity to brighten a childs day, thoughts, life! If you keep this up the child may decide to tell his friends and then you'll have lots of letters coming in! Like Santa! Lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've since received two more letters. Both are actually pictures that this child has drawn. I'll try and scan them and put them up here asap. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts?