Thursday, June 30, 2011

Getting Cussed Out

Last night, after our church get-together, I had a pretty interesting incident. I was cussed out by a real pro. Some folks from Desperation Church were able to witness a woman give me a verbal smack-down. One of them, Marcus, writes about the incident in his own blog, found here.

I can't get the incident out of my mind. It was sorta traumatic.

I'm reminded how much easier it is to act 'loving' and 'like a Christian' to those who are loving back to us, and how hard it is to act loving to those you'd rather duct tape to an ant hill and smear their ears with jam.

I'm not sure how Jesus did it, but I long for His strength and attitude to reside within me so much more than it currently does.

"But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you" - Luke 6:27-28

2 comments:

  1. How does one tell their pastor how proud of him they are without sounding condescending?... prolly never figure that out.

    However - YOU DA BOMB, PASTOR MICHAEL! Don't give that nonsense another moment of your time!

    Just another enemy attack, trying to throw you off your goal - Jesus. And I love you so for not being diverted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. been there done that. this kind of Hostility was an everyday way of life when/where I grew up. usually followed by punches, bleeding & running for cover. To this day ANY loud / angry voices or situations make my brain scream for cover. adrenaline rushes, and I'm a scared kid again.BUT... perspectives change. mine mostly changed by taking Vodka out of MY equation, and replacing it with GOD. Now I see these folks as sick people that need to be healed. I imagine they probably had the same childhood I did, or worse.And my heart breaks for them. It is a huge example of how NOT to act. how much I don't want my family to see me act like that. I hate being that person. Hate conflict of any kind. PMC, & everyone @ DC have greatly helped me 'Fall into the space in between' me and God. ( as building429 says ). Thank You God for PMC & the DC!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts?