Monday, November 14, 2011

Time to be THANKFUL

I came across a video this morning that perhaps you’ve seen. It’s of a beautiful, young woman named Sarah Churman. She has been deaf and through the grace of God and the wonder of modern technology she has been granted the ability to hear for the first time. Due to my own history with hearing problems, this video greatly affected me. I don’t usually share stuff like this, but felt that this was powerful enough to do so this time. Before reading further, please view the video now:

Sarah Churman video

Awesome, right? Sarah blogs about her experience and it’s great reading. Here’s an excerpt that was pretty neat:

“…We stopped to use the restroom and gas up and the toilet in the gas station about gave me a heart attack! The nurse warned me of this but I had already forgotten and totally freaked. Oh, and this reminds me, earlier when they first turned it on and I burped, totally freaked me out. I’ve been given a remote and I’m supposed to turn it up a notch every 4 days. Right now I’m at a low setting and they said if they were to turn it on full force my brain would freak. It’s like cold water in a pool… gotta slowly acclimate I guess? Oh, and on a sidenote… Lady Gaga sounds horrible on the radio! Just sayin. Sloan just kissed me good night… kisses sound all smacky like… weird… As I sit here beating the keys on the keyboard (not really, it just sounds that way), Skittles the Lovebird has been chirping, it’s so cute J I guess I’m keeping her up. Well, my hubby is in bed… guess I should join him. I’m thinking I’ll leave the device on and listen to him snore. I have to be the only wife that’s looking forward to that. God IS good. Thank you to everyone who has kept up with me on this journey… thanks for the prayers, support, etc. Can’t wait to get up tomorrow and hear the girl’s giggles.”

You can read Sarah’s complete blog here.

This story has so encouraged me to be thankful for the smallest of things today. Hearing birds, giggles, and even snoring… I’m just blown away. We have so much to be thankful for. Life is truly what we make of it. This lady will, I imagine, be expressing her gratefulness for a very long time. May we never neglect to appreciate all the incredible blessings that often go overlooked in our lives. What if we viewed each and every moment and ability as a precious gift from God?

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Great story. Hard not to be thankful with that beautiful family in the background.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful^ So cool^

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts?