Monday, November 28, 2011

Thank You...

Received the following emails. I hope they encourage you, as they have encouraged me:

"I just wanted to say thanks for the free groceries on Sunday. My husband and i hadn't eaten in 3 days so we could feed our children. The food i was given in line while waiting was my first meal in 3 days, thanks isn't enough but thank you to you and your members. We recently moved here from Texas after losing everything and recently got on our feet to get a duplex and my husband lost his job 5 weeks after we moved in. we are still waiting on our food stamps and hardly make rent with my sons ssi. Thanks again." - Amanda R.

"I just truly wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. Last night I was crying because I didn't know how I was going to feed my three kids so I did the only thing that I knew how to do I prayed. After feeling horrible and probably feeling more sorry for myself than I should I went to my computer and there was a ad on Craigs List for a grocery giveaway I guess my kids had been on the computer and anyways it was pulled up. So I went today and now have food for my children to eat and even get to go on a dinner date with my husband thanks to winning the dinner for two while waiting in line. I truly believe God sent me to your church. All of you were so kind and helpful and I never once felt bad about myself or looked down up on that I felt at other places. I wish I could say I could come to church every service but I know I can't. I do plan on access the services on the computer when I can. I just want you to know more than any church I have ever been to including the one I was baptized at you all made me feel welcome. I hope you continue your good works and may god live with in each of your souls and keep helping you bring complete warmth and love to those whose lives you touch." Thanks, - Radonna Y.

"It is quite humbling being a member of Desperation Church and working side by side with so many wonderful caring people. I wanted to thank you all for the food that we were able to take to HART MINISTRIES. We have so many people come thru the door that are homeless and impoverished and our food supply was running bare. Thanks to you our DC family, we are able to send out food, to those on the streets that might not have any othe rway to be fed." - Kathy D.

funny gifs

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I feel as if we are in the church that God described in His Word when we come to DC. We leave amazed and full and so thankful to have been a part of what God has call you all to. The music...the reaching out such as this event...the hearts of the people worshiping there...but oh the sermons...especially the sermons...amazing!!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts?