Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Adoption Update - Day 4

UPDATE:

It's Wednesday morning. Yesterday the embassy 'processed' twenty one families, who are on their way home right now, or already there. It's hard not to be jealous. There is still twenty three families to go, of which we and the Pinas are two of those. This whole process is ridiculously long and tedious. Yesterday, they finally caved and let us see the kids. This made the day much better and re-lit the fire in our hearts as to why we are going through this tremendously hard situation.

The girls: They are awesome. They are happy to be away from where they were, but sad to be leaving their friends and the life they've known up to this point. They have no clue what 'tomorrow' holds. Their skin is dry and cracked and their hair is wirey and mussed. They've been living in make-shift tents for the past two weeks and have had no way to care for themselves. They haven't been eating well and they are weak.

But they are awesome.

We're heading back to the embassy now. We are packing up the hotel room and prayerfully planning on not coming back. If, in fact, we must... we will have to find another hotel (hopefully closer to the embassy) for tonight. If we get the children today (when we do, I mean =) we'll begin our journey home and find a hotel somewhere along the way tonight. I am pretty sure I can't drive straight thru again. That was absolutely killer and something I haven't truly recovered from yet. Although last night I got my first full night's sleep. Yea!

I love you all, and have appreciated your prayers big time. I miss you all and can't wait to introduce you to my entire family. By the way,... I'm so proud of my wife and kids. Each of them have shown the love of Chirst and the patience of Job throughout this. They teach me so much every day. I am truly a blessed man... and cannot complain about a thing.

--
Michael Craft
www.DesperationChurch.org

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update & good luck today! We've been praying for you - can't wait until your WHOLE family is back here TOGETHER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news! Hang in there bro! You could always drive down to the keys or hit Ron Jon Surf Shop while you are waiting. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts?